Christmas is rapidly approaching but there are still some exciting ways to have fun here in Virginia Beach. On top of things going on all over town, do not forget the holiday spirit at the Town Center.
Individual retailers, shops, and restaurants have events but for many, meeting the man who can fulfill their Christmas list is the highlight. Thus, One major event before Christmas is:
Meet and Greet With Santa Claus
Santa Claus is coming to the..beach..actually Town Center.
On the weekend before you Christmas you have a chance to let the kiddies visit Santa. They can also get their picture taken with him. I have heard the packages are very reasonable starting at around $20. I have also read you can bring your pet for a picture with Santa.
Where do I go specifically to meet Santa?
In the Town Center complex you can meet him at the corner of Main Street and Central Park Avenue.
When will he be there
On the 18th of December to the 20th of December at these times:
- Friday the 18th
5 to 8 PM
2 to 6 PM
2 to 5 PM
Is there etiquette for meeting Santa?
This is a humorous look at some of the things I have read for Santa etiquette. Hope you get a good laugh. Personally I always thought that Santa knows it is an unwritten rule that good behavior should not always be expected. Here is the list:
- Don’t pull the big white beard
- Avoid feeding the kids junk food before going to Santa’s lap. If they look pasty, let them sit for a while before putting them on the red velvet throne chair
- Since we are on the subject of food, monitor that sugar intake so they are not bouncing off the walls or Santa’s lap
- Santa has good hearing…no need to scream
- No adult “parking” on Santa’s lap. Santa needs to keep that back fresh to go up and down chimneys
- Be ready to grab your child if a fit should break out
- Be polite to Santa. It is a tiring and exhausting job
- Don’t watch the Santa scene on the movie: “A Christmas Story” before going to see the big guy
- Have that cell phone charged up. Have an auxiliary power stick and games downloaded to keep your kids busy if there is a long line
- Have fun!! always Have fun
Just hop on the highway and get off at the Pembroke exit.
How Many Shopping Areas Are Nearby?
Not just do you have the Town Center but you have Pembroke Mall just across the street. A few blocks down is a Barnes and Noble.
Where Do I Park?
Here is a link to the multiple garage parking entrances
Parking Map Link
How much does parking cost?
It is FREE. Save that money for your Christmas gifts.